Sunday 11 October 2015

Burn for Burn - Mini-Review!

Authors: Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian
Part of a Series? The first book in the Burn for Burn trilogy.
Synopsis: Lillia, Kat and Mary live on the picturesque Jar Island, where everyone knows everyone. The girls all want the same thing: revenge on someone who's done them wrong. When they find out that they can help each other, they team up and set out to take down the three people who have hurt them most - but soon realise that one simple act of revenge can spark off a whole chain of events.
Rating: 5 stars.

*Note: I wrote this a year ago when I had no blogging experience whatsoever. If I have any time in the future I'll try to do an updated review, but for now enjoy!*
So, first of all: this book is INCREDIBLE! The plot is so good, and it is very well-written; I think there was one paragraph that didn’t flow as well as every other one. It is told from three viewpoints - our main characters Lillia, Kat, and Mary - and each main character is easily likeable yet distinctly different. It’s interesting seeing how the three main characters interact with each other because they really are opposites - Mary is quiet, Kat is a rebel, and Lillia is popular - and how they changed throughout the book.
I could not decide throughout the entire book if I liked Rennie or not. There were points - such as when she was trying to catch Reeve’s attention - when I felt sorry for her, and other points - like when she ditched Kat - when I really didn’t like her.
The ending was… 0_0 (my face at the last few pages). I have no idea what will happen to Reeve in the second book, but I think he’ll pull through. And I felt for Lillia as she started to waver about all these schemes towards the end. And what is happening with Mary?! Are these powers real or in her head or–?
Overall, this is an amazing book, and I am so excited to read the second one! 5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment