Wednesday 5 October 2016

Fairyloot September Unboxing!

Hi all!

A few days ago I received some exciting mail and found my Fairyloot box had arrived! This is my first box from this company (I received the latest Illumicrate last month, and my review is here), and I have to say it didn't disappoint in the slightest! I can honestly say I loved every item in the box, and the fact that they were all linked together by a theme really makes the box unique. This month's theme was magic and mayhem, and I knew as soon as I heard it that it would be right up my street.

*There will be spoilers for the September Fairyloot box below, so if you haven't received yours yet then beware!*

The Bookish Goodies:

A Russian Doll necklace from Pastel Clouds Jewellery - This might be my favourite item in the box. Seriously, I love it so much that I've been wearing it non-stop since my box arrived! The charm is tiny but elegant, and the clasp is sturdy and hasn't broken so far.

An Etherealki candle from Castle of Fables - While I don't use candles often (about 90% of my room is wood so I'm not taking any chances!) the smell of this one is gorgeous. It reminds me of fudge and sweetness, and it's a decent size as well.

A Darker Shade of Magic themed badges - Unfortunately two of my badges had come away from the packaging, but luckily they weren't damaged and I now have four badges from one of my favourite books! I love that so many of the items in here were exclusively designed for Fairyloot.

A Felix Felicis sticker from BookOtter - The design of this is really pretty, even if I haven't read Harry Potter yet (*runs away from angry mobs*).

Postcards from Six of Crows & Crooked Kingdom, and a Grisha Second Army poster - I am so excited to read this series, and these postcards are really good quality, while the poster is very eye-catching.

A Grisha notebook designed by Literary Emporium - I love Rio's work, and this notebook seems to be well-made and excellently designed.




The Book!

Now, all of the Grisha-related things in the box made me think that the book would be Crooked
Kingdoms, but instead it was Vassa in the Night by Sarah Porter. I haven't heard much about this book, but it seems really interesting and I 'm intrigued to know more about the legend it was based on, 'Vassilissa the Beautiful'. It also came with a signed bookplate, a letter from the author, and a beautiful bookmark from Behind the Pages.


Final Thoughts:

Overall I was very happy with my first Fairyloot box! I love the cohesion between each of the items
and the little bag the book is a really unique idea. My only complaint would be is that the book just fits in the box so it's hard to take it out if it's at the bottom of the box.

Did you receive this month's Fairyloot? What did you think? Or if you've read Vassa in the Night what did you think of it?

Thanks for reading(:

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    I was wondering if you would be open to selling your Etherealki candle to me? I collect Grisha trilogy related items, so it would be super cool if you could sell it to me. I don't mean to be rude or offensive, I just am really desperate for these. If you're interested, please provide your email!

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete