Sunday 30 August 2015

August Bookhaul!

Once again, I have accumulated too many books for my bookhaul and wrap-up to be in the same post (unless you want an extremely long post). In one month I managed to buy 22 books. 22! I'm 100% going on a book-buying ban in September.

Books for school:

I start school again in September and in English Literature we're studying four texts, so I went out and bought the ones that I could, only for one of my friends to tell me that I didn't need to buy two of them! They were:
  • 1984 by George Orwell - This is featured in my August wrap-up post, which can be found here.
  • A Streetcar Named Desire - I don't know if you've ever seen a copy of this, but it's the size of one chapter of a normal book. Why did it cost £9.99??? (This was one of the books I didn't need to buy, so I'm a bit annoyed about it!).
  • Hamlet by William Shakespeare
I don't really have an excuse for the other nineteen...I did find out my exam results and they were really good, so some of them were yay-I-passed purchases. And then one of my best friends and I went shopping, and we both have out of control TBR piles, and we both bought loads of books (and now we both are on bans!)
Anyway, here are the many, many books I've acquired in August:


  • The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
  • Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
  • Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray
  • Get Even by Gretchen McNeil
  • Darkmere by Helen Maslin
  • The Ruby in the Smoke by Philip Pullman
  • The Accident Season by Moïra Fowley-Doyle
  • The Glass Sentence by S.E. Grove
  • Never Always Sometimes by Adi Alsaid
  • Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
  • The Improbable Theory of Ana and Zak by Brian Katcher
  • The Archived by Victoria Schwab
  • Fairest by Marissa Meyer
  • Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender
  • Famous Last Words by Katie Alender
  • Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
  • For Real by Alison Cherry
  • The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
  • Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke by Anne Blankman
I won't do summaries of each book as otherwise this post could last forever! But if you want to know what a book is about, tell me in the comments and I'll reply.

Have you read any of these books? What did you think (no spoilers please!)? Let me know in the comments.
Thanks for reading(:

No comments:

Post a Comment